Female leopard gecko stopped eating, trying to climb

Markymark123

Hi there, kindly sending a note can you please assist? Kindly mentioning my female leopard gecko doesn’t seem to be interested in food for the last two feedings.How should I handle this?

Note, she used to eat a ton since I got her three months ago from another pet owner. She’s with two other females. She seems frail. At night she’s doing this we are climbing of the glass

Attachments

• DB55362B-7938-474D-9C4D-502D72DBEBCD.jpeg
    DB55362B-7938-474D-9C4D-502D72DBEBCD.jpeg
    892.5 KB · Views: 7
  • AC34FFF9-DFD3-4D05-BC6F-E23945486AB1.jpeg
    AC34FFF9-DFD3-4D05-BC6F-E23945486AB1.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She looks to be in good health in the picture. Some females are ovulating now and don't eat much. If she's with 2 other females, there's always the chance she's being bullied, so keep an eye on them. Otherwise, keep offering and try not to worry.

Aliza

Markymark123

Thank you for the response. Yes we have three geckos one of which is quite assertive. See pic. She eats now more food and has bit the others. If it’s bullying, how would that affect her eating? 75537

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If one is biting the others, they may be too scared and stressed to eat. Also, if one gecko follows another around and sits on it no matter were the other one tries to be, that's bullying as well. Consider either separating the more assertive one or the one that's not eating and see if things change.

Aliza

Markymark123

Thank you. I wonder as well, could it be something related to her health.? For example her skin it’s dry at the top of her head (and body) 75544 since we got her a couple months ago

Markymark123

Good afternoon, kindly sending another note. Can you please assist? Wishing to mention my gecko is not eating again. How should I handle this?

Note, like my original post she used to be the best eater of my three geckos. Now she’s sleeping outside the Hyde during the day, unusual for her, and hasn’t eaten in the last two feedings.

Attachments

• AD825CBA-D93D-4A5C-B00B-A2A0D8442F0F.jpeg
    AD825CBA-D93D-4A5C-B00B-A2A0D8442F0F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do you still have her in with the other geckos? If you do, please try separating her into another cage and see if her behavior changes for the better after a few weeks (she will need some time to get used to the new situation)

Aliza

Visit our friends