Figuring out a pet store morph

Tourmaline

Hello all! I recently purchased this Leo from my job. She came in labeled as a Diablo Blanco, but pet store supplier labels are very iffy and are barely correct, so I'm not sure if she actually is. I can't really tell the difference between blizzard morph and a Diablo Blanco. What should I be looking for? I couldn't find much information, but I may not have been looking in the right places.

IMG_20200813_003248~2.jpg IMG_20200813_003236~2.jpg IMG_20200813_003123~2.jpg

JadedGeckos

diablo blanco are , Tremper albino, eclipse, blizzard,

blizzard are blizzard....

so to know if its a diablo blanco it needs to have eclipse eyes. ( red eyes.)

blizzard do not have eclipse gene and therefore will have normal eyes.

sometimes witch eclipse the eyes will look completely black but if you shine a light at them you should see a red tint to them.

here is a picture of a diablo blanco and of a blizzard

Diablo Blanco
diablo_blanco-2.jpg
Blizzard
blizzard-2.jpg Hatchlings are completely patternless and their colors will range from white, yellow, purple and grey, but as they mature will change to gray and white.

Tourmaline

Thank you for the explanation.

I've been looking into eye types and the Eclipse eye type, still not sure what she is. It seems she has what's called snake eyes, not an entire black eye. Half of her eyes are black, the other are normal. She's very sensitive to light, so I can't get a good look and see if there's any red tint, but from what I've seen it would be pretty obviously red if they were.

I'm thinking she's a Blizzard rather than a DB.
IMG_20200813_160920~2.jpg IMG_20200813_160959~2.jpg IMG_20200813_160939~2.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think she's white enough to be a diablo blanco. She may have the blizzard gene (if the eyes still don't look red when you shine a light behind them she's not an albino), but some blizzards, so I've been told, may have snake eyes or black eyes without the eclipse gene.

Aliza

Tourmaline

She's pretty white under actual light. I run a dimmer light since these pictures were taken since she's light sensitive, but this is just an idea. This was the first day I had her home.
IMG_20200627_224430~3.jpg IMG_20200627_224420~2.jpg

I guess I can safely refer to her as a Blizzard. I think she's gorgeous either way, I'm just curious about distinguishing between Leo morphs. I know more about Beardie and Ball Python morphs than I do Leos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
She looks more as if she can be a DB from that picture. See if you can figure out if she truly has red eyes. If yes, she is a DB. If no, she's still a really nice blizzard.

Aliza

Visit our friends