Floor vs Stand

discoverlight

I was wondering if there was any difference between behavior between keeping tanks on the floor vs on a stand.. Like a tank without anything on the sides to cover up, just a setup. Do you think having it higher would change a behavior?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
No I don't think so, unless there's something at floor level, like a cat or a dog, that would bother the gecko by its presence.

Aliza

Music City Geckos

Well, if the tanks are on the floor and there is carpet not only would that be a fire hazard but also air would not circulate correctly for the heat pads to operate efficiently.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have one tank on the floor on a piece of carpet with heat cable but I put some dominoes under it to lift it a bit and vent the heat. No problems for the last 3 years.

Aliza

Music City Geckos

Make sure you mention you also more than likely ( I would hope) use a thermostat to control the heat cable. What works for some my not work for others and someone newer to keeping reptiles might not have the experience. So, I tend to answer all of my posts with "caution". No offense meant for anyone

Visit our friends