Found baby gecko.....

Gecko4me

We had lost our baby gecko and even after turning the downstairs upside down (even right after it ran under the aqaruim stand) we couldn't find it. Well today I was in the bathroom and there she was just sitting by the cloth's basket. Well she wasn't eating the best before we lost her almost 3 wks ago and so now she's really thin. What can I do to get some weight back on her?? She's never been overly fond of mealworms, so I'll get some crickets today and hopefully get small enough ones she'll eat them because she does seem to like crickets a bit. Is there anything else I can do for her though?? She felt cool to the touch so I got her back into her cage and we were actually housing one of our geckos in it, so it was already warm and everything. (Of course we did take the other gecko out and put her back in w/ the other females she had been living with, so the baby is alone in her cage) She seems to be enjoying the heat and is just laying on that side of the cage, although when I opened the top to add water and her humid house, she did scurry to the other side, so I was glad to see she's still got some energy at least!! I'll try to get pictures of her, but I was just looking at the ones of the other baby gecko the owner was concerned about and I'd say mine is at least as skinny, if not more. I am not sure how old she is, as I get her at a petstore but she was and still is tiny, so I'm thinking only a few months old max, even now.

Jessie

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Just keep those cage temps correct and hopefully she'll be ready for a good meal! You need to keep anything that can stress her to a minimum so don't handle her and only feed her a couple of crickets at a time so there aren't uneaten crickets running around the tank. You can try pulling the legs off the crickets if she has trouble catching them.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Once the little gecko gets it's belly warmed up and adjusts to being back home, it should start eating again. I agree that only a few food items at a time to start is a good idea to prevent regurgitation. I had a little RAPTOR missing for over 6 weeks, and she began to eat again withing a few days. She gained all he weight back and grew normally.

I would not recommend the slurry in this case. The slurry is designed for anorexic geckos that are being treated by a veterinarian, or are 'off food' for a significant amount of time. Geckos can become dependent on the slurry after awhile, and will not want to hunt their own food.

Visit our friends