Gargoyle gecko help needed!!

Snarbleglarf

Hello! I am VERY new to keeping reptiles and I’m worried about my gecko, he got out of his terrarium 3 days ago and I was able to find him and put him back but now he isn’t touching his Pangea (That i can tell) and he had what looks like either the beginning of shed or the end/ stuck shed and I can’t tell, I haven’t even seen him shed in person yet so I don’t know what I’m supposed to be looking for. I keep his terrarium Light on from 9am-7pm with a jungle dawn light with a Heavy misting in the morning and night and 2 very light mistings in the afternoon, the terrarium has time to dry out in between mistings and It seems to be keeping the humidity between 50 and 80 with spiked percentages during the heavy mistings. The picture of him on my hand was right after I found him sitting in a pvc pipe I had laying around (I added this pic mostly so you can see his size) and the pic with the circled spot was yesterday. I tried to put him in a misted container with a damp paper towel and holes drilled into the lid to see if I could get it off with a Q-tip and it wouldn’t come off 758ABFCB-A0B8-463D-85DD-2F9629A50A60.jpeg 5F1DD4B5-CFC6-4DBD-80D7-94E16B769FD1.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Cute gargoyle! If you're willing to use your fingernail it should come off. You can smear a little CGD on his mouth and see if he'll lick it off. Otherwise, the many gargoyles and crested geckos I've had and continue to have sometimes bare seem to be touching their CGD but they're all doing well. Just keep offering.

Aliza

Visit our friends