gargoyle gecko not eating

geckos'n'stuff123

hi about two weeks ago (the 10th of July) i went to a reptile expo, and while i was there i saw this little gecko. he was so cute and clumsy that i just had to get him the seller said they were good beginner geckos (because iv never had a gecko before) so i bout him/her and all the stuff it needed the first day i fed it baby food and it didn't eat any of it so i went to the pet store to get some CGD but they didn't have any and the guy there said to feed it crickets till they get some more in so i bout some and she ate 2 but i had to hold them up to her face cuz she wouldn't go after it, about 2 days later she still wouldn't take anything i gave her so i went back to the pet store and got some CGD i followed the directions carefully and put it in her cage and she haven't touched it. i replace it every two days but she never eats it the only thing she will take every time is a mealworm. is she sick should i be worried? :( :main_huh: other then her not eating she seems fine and shes in a 5 gallon tank that's not very tall i think its 10'' tall but i can turn it on its side and shes only about 4'' or a little less maybe i can answer any other questions that might help

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes these guys just take a little time to get going and I've also heard that gargs can be a little picky. I've had a gargoyle for just about a year and I've never seen her eat, but the crickets keep disappearing. For a long time her CGD looked untouched to me. Finally about a month ago I started smearing some on her nose when I put the bowl in her cage and she would lick it off. The next day, the CGD was gone from the bowl. I recommend you smear a little on her nose like I did and then put the crickets in the cage and leave her alone. She will not necessarily go for the crickets the minute you put them in there, but if left to her own devices she may hunt when she feels a little more secure (and alone).

Aliza

Visit our friends