Gecko Dreamer...

lady.gekko

I think it's kind of funny, most of my geckos are in our computer room. It's the most quiet, secluded, darkest room we have. So it's kind of good that way, sometimes when I'm in the room on the computer I will hear one of my geckos do this throaty squack thing. I call it their "frog croak". It's on the silent/softer side, they are all housed alone, so there isn't anything bugging them. So I'll quietly find which one is doing it, to see that they are completely asleep but doing it in their sleep, like a dog barks it its sleep! I think it's really cute! One of my guys just did it! So I thought I'd share :main_yes: Anyone else ever heard their geckos do it?

Palor

Chaotic Nights Reptile
One of my males makes little duck noises when he is sitting on your hand. Since he climbs up on his own, I really do not know why he makes those odd sounds.

OneFootedAce

my male does it. he kidna goes in a "s" shape quickly, croaks, then goes back to normal. I have no clue why they do it, but he eats fine and is doing great! so im assuming that its nothing bad :)

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have a male who does it when he is upset as well, but I have another male who will do it almost every night right before he goes to his worm dish. He is my little lion who announces he is awake and ready to hunt. haha

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
LOL! Well, mine dont croak, but one day I went to mist a moist hide and I sprayed some water on the leo because it wouldnt move, and it screamed at me for like five minutes! I've never heard that type of scream in my life. I just sprayed it with water, but you would've thought I killed the poor thing. lol. Well, no more accidental sprays for that one!

greedo11

my male does it. he kidna goes in a "s" shape quickly, croaks, then goes back to normal. I have no clue why they do it, but he eats fine and is doing great! so im assuming that its nothing bad :)

My leo does exactly that after a feed, or when shes woken up, but without the noise, its almost like a stretch. Its quite often followed by a huge yawn which is really cute!:)

Pure

chamofile
LOL! Well, mine dont croak, but one day I went to mist a moist hide and I sprayed some water on the leo because it wouldnt move, and it screamed at me for like five minutes! I've never heard that type of scream in my life. I just sprayed it with water, but you would've thought I killed the poor thing. lol. Well, no more accidental sprays for that one!

One of my young Super Snows did this scream when I was dumping crickets in it's tank. Scared the crap out of me. I jumped a lil. :main_laugh:

I don't know if I startled it or if it was a feeding roar.

Chupes

I've had this happen too. It screamed for like a good 30 seconds, and my girlfriend in the other room with the door closed had to come ask me what it was. Crazy geckos

Samantha

mine do it when they are mad at me for bothering them and not letting them do what they want and for me making them move so i can clean their cage out lol

Visit our friends