Gecko Floor Color

Drewhop

So up until a few weeks ago I have been using green repti carpet as a tank liner. I was at a local pet store and saw brown ones. I had to have them and purchased them. So skip ahead a few days when it was time to change the carpet and do my cleaning.

I clean change carpet put everything back in and put the gecko back in there.

I swear the gecko looked at me like he was going to start breathing fire. I was so terrified of this evil look that I had to give him a super worm. It may have been less then a evil look but it was definately a look at me like I had done something stupid.

He acts completely fine after the initial placing back in there.

I am pretty sure my gecko does not like the color brown. Is that possible?

Friedbread

:laugh4:
If my whole carpet changed color one day, I'd be freaked too.

XD

I swapped my baby's newspaper for carpet a few weeks ago and she immediately started acting differently. Skulking around all cat-like, licking the carpet... -.^

G

Gonser

All animals, but especially lizards, adapt their color somewhat to their surroundings. I've often wondered if we used orange carpet in with tangs if it would deepen their orange coloring in time...or purple carpet in with lavs, etc. Could be an interesting little experiment.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Everytime I clean their tank and change the carpet, my geckos (ok some of them only) freak out. Its probably because all their scent is gone, and they feel "unfamiliar" to the "new" habitat...?

VampyricAngelX

I've never really switched the colors for my leos when cleaning their tanks. I use brown repti-carpet for Dante and have two sheets of it that I switch. Mikko has just some black carpet that my boyfriend had extra from building his guitar amp (it was to cover the wood or something), I cut two sheets of that as well. My female is on paper towel so I just replace the paper towel, which is always white. But I do notice them exploring a little bit more when I put them back in, probably because of the scent. Noticed this today with my fire skink as well. Cleaned his tank and put new eco earth in and he was running all over the place when I put him back in.

Visit our friends