Gecko stowaway

moosassah

My dad's girlfriend owns a flower shop here in MA. She received a shipment of those air plants from Hawaii today--with a wee gecko in the box. Dad's going to give it to me--I'll see if I can keep it thriving. He said it's real small, only about an inch long. I'm going to guess based on his description it's just a generic house gecko. Once I get it (if it survives), I'll post some pictures. That must've been one cold trip for the poor thing! Good thing I'm transferring one of the leos to a larger tank. I'll need to reconvert the exoterra back to a terrarium.

BGalloway

These things happen occasionally, I know someone who now has a cuban tree frog from a shipment of flowers. Good luck and congratulations on your new little gecko. Maybe when you post pictures someone can get you a definite ID on the species?

jess6905

Best of luck. I had some guy in my area who got a tree from home depot that had an anole in it. Thankfully it waitied to show its self till they got home. A girl at one of our better pet shops brought in another anole that he dad found in a car he was driving up from down south(I almost want to say Mexico).

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
I hope he survives! You'll have to keep us updated. :)

It sounds very similar to a phone call we received about two weeks ago... a woman went on vacation in Puerto Rico and a gecko had climbed into her luggage! She didn't discover it until she arrived home. She actually went through the trouble and cost of overnighting it back to the hotel in Puerto Rico! She wanted the gecko to be returned home. :) She never sent a picture, so we still don't know what kind of animal it was. Very cool though.

Good luck with your little guy!

moosassah

photos of the stowaway

Here are the photos. I'm thinking mourning gecko. What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

Trevor's Leo

he looks like a mourning gecko to me! Nice on at that!!! Good luck with him ;)

Visit our friends