Gecko Toilet!?

jolieg8

Here's something a little funny! my gecko ONLY poops in his water bowl like its his personal little toilet. Does anyone else's gecko do this? my mom thinks it's because the water /stimulates\ him.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They tend to pick one spot and go there all the time and unfortunately, yours has picked the water bowl. You could try moving the water bowl and maybe the gecko will go in the spot where the water bowl was. You could also put a really shallow water dish where the water bowl is now, move the water bowl and gradually decrease the water so the gecko will go in the same spot but it will no longer have water.

Aliza

jolieg8

They tend to pick one spot and go there all the time and unfortunately, yours has picked the water bowl. You could try moving the water bowl and maybe the gecko will go in the spot where the water bowl was. You could also put a really shallow water dish where the water bowl is now, move the water bowl and gradually decrease the water so the gecko will go in the same spot but it will no longer have water.

Aliza
Is it a bad thing? because I honestly don't mind, it makes spot cleaning easier and I just make sure to wash his bowl with a vinegar solution. I didn't know they prefer one spot! I wonder if other geckos like the water bowl as well

Visit our friends