Girlfriend just doesn't understand

Russellm0704

It's been a good while since my first post on this thread, just want to tell everyone to always take things slow with your significant others when it comes to animals. My girlfriend is now 100 percent more supportive of them and I've even caught her holding them and even cleaning up after some of them when I get home! I didn't push it on her and the geckos just made her so much more open minded. It's amazing how geckos can grow on people!

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
My girlfriend likes them, to the point that she won't let me sell a few that I won't be needing since she likes them, but complains that I spend way to much time on them and that it is all I think about.

RampantReptiles

Yeah my family doesnt get it. I get a little grief from my mom when I get a new gecko but she knows its a battle she wont win so doesnt bother me too much. I try to talk to my mom and sister about geckos but I always have to oversimplify things since they dont understand the genetics and it just ends up being a weird conversation that doesnt really make sense.

but complains that I spend way to much time on them and that it is all I think about.

It's all I think about :main_rolleyes:
hmmm... maybe that's why I am single? LOL

PhoenixCoconut

Phoenix Gecko :)
Yeah my family doesnt get it. I get a little grief from my mom when I get a new gecko but she knows its a battle she wont win so doesnt bother me too much. I try to talk to my mom and sister about geckos but I always have to oversimplify things since they dont understand the genetics and it just ends up being a weird conversation that doesnt really make sense.

Yep same here except for the the grief part. :main_laugh:

warriah

Me and my girlfriend love our leo's, I would love to get more too but the only reason she does not want me getting anymore right now is because I'm done my internship and back in school agaoin. Since I quit my part-time job I had at the same time it's just a financial situation right now and I totally understand since I gotta start saving for our future too lol

Ellie_A

My boyfriend is actually very supportive, he likes reptiles but wouldn't want one of his own. However, he attends all the reptiles expos with me (usually a 6 hour drive away) and when he knows that I really want something that I can't afford he will often buy it for me. Even though the reptiles are all mine he usually helps with cleaning and feeding too.

CNest

My husband has always been supportive, at times hesitant, but always supportive of my hobbies. We try to support each others likes/interests while keeping each other grounded. Haha Both of us could get extremely carried away with our hobbies if not kept in check. Its all about give and take. Now the rest of our family? That is another story. I still get flack from my father and I'm 30yrs old. Haha

Visit our friends