Good sites to buy feeders?

KaitouCat

The Household Geckos
Pretty much as the title says, I'm looking for sites/local breeders that sell good feeders. Preferably near Ohio as to avoid crazy shipping costs.
Kind of in dire need of feeders because the local reptile shop ran out of crickets and mealworms that they can spare to sell off and I refuse to buy big chain pet store feeders as much as possible.
Granted I'll likely be picking up some today to last me until this Sunday which is the next reptile show where I can get a box of 500 or more to last awhile.

Mostly looking for crickets, mealworms, and maybe waxworms.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I get my crickets and super worms from expresscrickets.com. They have the best prices I've seen, they ship next day air and the price per thousand (which drops as you order more thousands) includes shipping. The few times I've had a problem due to escape or delivery delay, they've replaced what I lost immediately. I get mealworms (when I need them) from grubco.com

Aliza

KaitouCat

The Household Geckos
A bit of a necro but I was wondering if LLLReptile was a good place to order insects from. They have good prices and the shipping can be combined as well.
I tried looking at rainbow mealworms as I've seen some say good things about them but the shipping is included in the price which makes it quite expensive and I'm not sure if it combines.

cowana

I've heard really good things about www.kfcfeeders.com I plan on ordering some dubias from them on the advice of a few fellow breeder friends. 1000 dubias in the size I need are $29. I try to stay away from crickets for fear of parasites, but that is my own personal fear. :)

Last edited:

KaitouCat

The Household Geckos
I've heard really good things about www.kfcfeeders.com I plan on ordering some dubias from them on the advice of a few fellow breeder friends. 1000 dubias in the size I need are $29. I try to stay away from crickets for fear of parasites, but that is my own personal fear. :)

Dubias are well and good but I namely use crickets as I have a gecko who will eat nothing but crickets and one who has a stronger feeding response with crickets. With dubias I usually pick them up at the show or feed from my own colony, same with my mealworms.[Which I actually need to get some new adults for my dubia colony..] Which leaves crickets being the bothersome one I need to find another source since the local reptile shop keeps running out and I don't like buying feeders from big chain pet stores.

I'm just trying to find a good reliable site with a good reputation and healthy feeders with decent prices and variety, hence why I was looking at LLLReptile but wanted to see if anyone had any opinions about them before taking the plunge.

cowana

Ah, gotcha! I have one female who goes on a hunger strike if she doesn't get dubias. She won't touch mealworms or superworms. I totally understand.

Too bad Chirp N Time doesn't ship as I see you are close to me. I've never ordered crickets so no real help there. I have had good luck with Rainbow Mealworms and, I think, they sell crickets. Kinda far though.

KaitouCat

The Household Geckos
Ah, gotcha! I have one female who goes on a hunger strike if she doesn't get dubias. She won't touch mealworms or superworms. I totally understand.

Too bad Chirp N Time doesn't ship as I see you are close to me. I've never ordered crickets so no real help there. I have had good luck with Rainbow Mealworms and, I think, they sell crickets. Kinda far though.
I'd do rainbowmeal worms if you could combine on the shipping but it doesn't seem as though you can? I'd not mind it if it wasn't for that little detail as it makes the cost vastly more expensive.
Oh well, I'm not currently in dire need of feeders at the moment. Just trying to figure out some useful sites for future reference since It's tiresome always waiting until going to vend at the Cincinnati show to pick some up.

stager

I use rainbow meal worms, shipping a little high but there large mealworms are big. And I pick up 7000 a clip so with shipping and price still a good deal

cowana

If you use the coupon code "WORMLOVE" you get 10% off your order through them and "BESTCUSTOMER" will get free shipping on certain items at Rainbow Mealworms. The shipping is a bit high, but they've always combined shipping for me and not charged per feeder.

KaitouCat

The Household Geckos
If you use the coupon code "WORMLOVE" you get 10% off your order through them and "BESTCUSTOMER" will get free shipping on certain items at Rainbow Mealworms. The shipping is a bit high, but they've always combined shipping for me and not charged per feeder.

Where does it combine the shipping? o.o
The prices of shipping are included within the price of the feeder and whenever I add multiple items to the cart, it doesn't deduct the shipping cost from the other items?

cowana

Where does it combine the shipping? o.o
The prices of shipping are included within the price of the feeder and whenever I add multiple items to the cart, it doesn't deduct the shipping cost from the other items?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I have known a few places to charge shipping by the box so I was thinking at the end. I apologize.

BESTCUSTOMER only works on Mealworms, Superworms & Waxworms I think

When I have a big order or one that doesn't include those I do the WORMLOVE for 10% off. That covers the built in shipping charge at the minimum and often is more than the BESTCUSTOMER code. I also Google "Rainbow Mealworms promo codes" to see if there are any others I don't know about that might save me more.

Visit our friends