Got a couple new Boaphile Racks

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
There's been some recent posts on what rack to buy and so on, so I thought I'd show off my two new boaphile racks. These things are awesome! I love the 15 qt. rack....The floor space in these new tubs is way bigger than anyone elses. These things are built solid as a rock. No complaints whatsoever. Hooked up my herpstats to them and within 10 minutes I had my target temp holding steady. Any-who, heres a couple of pics of where some of my collection will be housed. Sorry about the crappy photos...the lighting wasn't the best I noticed after I downloaded the pics.

IMG_0980.jpg
IMG_0981.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg

Pinky81

I bought one from them as well. Pricey they are, but rock solid. Im actually considering Animal Plastics for my next rack..prices are a little better. Nice set up tho!!!

Wild West Reptile

Congrats on the rack. I considered AP for the longest time, but just couldn't see how saving $50 (you get a couple more tubs with AP as well) was worth it, especially having to build it and run the flexwatt. I've seen them in person and its a cheaper plastic product. I can literally stand on my boaphiles and they don't bend. Thanks for the compliment btw.

Pinky81

Actually that was worrying me putting the AP together. But AP is going to be at a show near me and I can pick it up there assembled. I think thats what is going to make my decision :)

Landen

LSReptiles
I've been using those same 16 qt Rubbermaid tubs for my female breeders and they are awesome! Great floor space and no hard creases or pits for junk to get stuck in. By the way, wally world carries those tubs in several different colors! All mine are blue.

Pinky81

That makes a world of difference! No assembly or shipping....very nice.

I KNOW!!! :D Plus I get a good excuse to go to another reptile show :D

I just don't understand the difference between the Iris Rack and the sterilite rack...any suggestions?

Adinar

Now you have me excited for when ours get here. Got 2 of those coming. Lots of gex to move around and lots of emptty spaces. Those spaces won't stay empty for long I'm afraid. lol

Pinky81

Im having a touch time with this. Could you tell me the dimensions of those two racks...as well as tub size.

I need something to keep hatchlings in as well as have the ability to keep some holdbacks in, and i just don't feel like a 15qt tub is big enough for a juvenile..

Wild West Reptile

i just don't feel like a 15qt tub is big enough for a juvenile..

A 15 qt tub is big enough for a full sized adult gecko. The next size up is a 32 qt. and that's big enough for a breeding group of 3. You can keep geckos in the 6 qt. tubs until they reach around 30 grams if you had to. Unless your going to set up big tanks for everyone, it's tubs and the geckos don't mind them at all. They like cozy little spaces. :main_thumbsup:

Landen

LSReptiles
A 15 qt tub is big enough for a full sized adult gecko.

All of my adults are housed in these same 15qt's-- the Rubbermaid brand tubs are shallower than the typically used Sterilite 16qts thus giving them much more floor space. My giants males are the only ones that get bigger tubs and honestly they don't use all of the space.

KelliH

That's cool. I had some Boaphiles years ago and did not like them because the heat tape was permanently installed in each shelf. I didn't like it because if the flexwatt ever stops working you're kinda screwed. Maybe they aren't made that way anymore, I would hope not anyway.

Pinky81

The Flexwatt is actually recessed into the melamine so that the tubs don't slide over the tape constantly. Thats my draw to it...to me not having that friction of the tub on the flexwatt should prolong the life. But Im not sure..

Thanks guys for the feed back about the tub size. Think I will go with the 15 qts then. But I still haven't made the decision on which company to go with :(

KelliH

Yeah AP racks have grooves for the heat tape, which is one reason I like them. Glad to hear Boaphille is doing the same these days.

Visit our friends