got back from NARBC Anahiem

jaspa

The Jaguar Gecko
no pics yet, due to my gecko being really scared hes been in the same corner of the tank since I got him, which is about 6 hours ago., I really dont want to stress out too much after being knocked around , walking through the expo, and crammed in that little deli cup, now he is in a much more huge space, with a warm spot of 90 degrees, and about 79 cool side,(measured by digital thermometers with a probe :) ) I have not attempt to hold her, except at the expo, one open, and she darted out, ( Hypo Tangerine ) I was told its about 3 months, So I totally understand its behavior, time and patience is the key, and I have no problem working my gecko ;) anyways, just some quick questions.

When do I start to attempt to handle her, Im going to try the wetting your knuckles and keep on the floor, and slowly slide it to the gecko, and I was told the gecko should just jump up. Should I wait about a week? , I left about 5 mealies in her dish, I know everything seems so early, but Im just really anxious ! :main_thumbsup:

- Jasper

Last edited:

Gregg M

Registered Member
now he is in a much more huge space, with a warm spot of 90 degrees, and about 79 cool side,(measured by digital thermometers with a probe :)

You may want to bump those temps up a few degrees... Cool side should be atleast 80 and your basking temp should be upwards of 97... You will see a much more active gecko...

Congratulations on your new gecko!!!

Visit our friends