Has anyone ever hatched rubbery eggs?

enigmaslim

Hey gang, my first two eggs from 3 wks ago are still kinda soft and rubbery. But they don't stink and have not sunk in or shribbled up. Have you ever hatched eggs like this? She layed another egg a day or two ago and its chalkey and firm, I'll keep em together unless the rubbery ones go bad. Just wonder if anyone has had any luck in this situtation.

dean

I had a bunch from one girl like that last season. Most went bad within days, a few made it. Same girl just laid 2 like that 3 days ago, so far o.k. If yours are weeks into incubating, i would think they should be good. I don't know why this happens, my girl eats the same and takes in calcium/crushed egg shell like the rest of them... Good luck.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have hatched eggs that looked impossible to be good. They hatched and problem free babies came out. Best thing to do is incubate until you KNOW its bad.

enigmaslim

ok, im gonna keep my hopes up, I hope she doesnt become gravis again til she puts on some wait. She went from 40g to 29g. I got her on a waxi diet for a few days to see if she fattens up. My female Patty went from 24g to 36g in a week, and she's lookin good so hopefully my MS RAPTOR can do the same cause I see alot of potential in her.

jermh1

I had around 8 of them hatch this year with no problems one of my females lays them half the time. Soft and rubbery right up to hatching.

Visit our friends