Hat can I expect from my unknown lady? :)

TigressSnow

SPELLING FIX- What :)

This is Ella, a pet shop gecko I bought who was severely underweight (one of her blizzard brothers died 3 weeks later) anyways. Like I said her brothers were browney grey (which is a young blizzard, right? I apologize if I'm wrong) and then there's her. A beautiful striped and spotted lady. What can I expect from her? She is paired with another unknown pet shop gecko (my first) who I believe is a tangerine Murphy patternless (if I can catch him I'll add a photo)

edit-caught him as best as I could. He is the orangey yellow boy in the hide. He has 2 bands of darker colour with 4 spots that are almost disappeared. His head spots have diminished greatly as well.

PS. I do know what I am doing, I currently have 4 laying females and care for my hatchlings well, I've researched lots I'm still trying to train my eye to morphs to learn simple identification methods. I'm stumped with her because the pictures of bell Tremper and rainwater don't match up with her.

PPS, thank you for reading! I'd appreciate any leads or guesses. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 13

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You should probably expect yellow/orange offspring with a range of spotting from none to lots. The albino looks offhand like a Bell, but no guarantee. Some albinos are quite dark, some breeders call them "chocolate albinos". The difficulty is that the offspring are going to be het for whatever strain of albino the mother is, and you won't know what strain. This makes for opportunities for genetic mix-ups. The male could be het for a different albino strain for all you know, which makes things even more confusing. Even though there's no way you can control this, it will be important to give full disclosure about the questions about the offsprings' genetic possibilities and market them as "pet only".

Aliza

TigressSnow

Thank you! Yes I planned on full disclosure- People deserve to know that they will be getting a possibly mixed muddy gecko that should be left out of projects :) if they breed (it may not even happen, they've happily co inhabited in a 20 gallon and I have never heard a tail vibrate in the past month(not saying it hasn't happens though!) I planned on just offering them locally and not bring them to shows, donating them to school classrooms or as family pets :) i love my geckos and my hobby and couldn't even think of being dishonest to other people in this hobby :)

Visit our friends