Heating Question

Dinobot113

So, I got the 20 gallon. Threw down some textured porcelain. Did a bunch of tests with the bulbs to make sure it all came together. It did. The temperatures are cooperating. And the surfaces are warm when to the touch. But now I’m wondering about a heating mat. Would it be too much heat if I had the bulbs and a heating mat both working? Even if the heating was all on one side? I’m asking so I can know rather or not I should spend money. Lol.

I have the heating bulbs on one side. For both day and night. And the crazy uv bulb that produces no heat on the other.

If it turns out that the heating mat will be too much. Then I’m also pondering just going back to the ceramic bulb. I could also be overthinking it. Idk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the bulbs are providing ground heat on one side in the low 90's then you're all set. If not, a heat mat with a thermostat will and in that case you should probably get rid of the bulbs and use the heat mat.

Aliza

Dinobot113

If the bulbs are providing ground heat on one side in the low 90's then you're all set. If not, a heat mat with a thermostat will and in that case you should probably get rid of the bulbs and use the heat mat.

Aliza
That’s where it’s at right now. I’m getting digital soon lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Visit our friends