help found egg !

NycGecko

hey GF guys and girls i have a question in need of an answer! . hope you guys can help so recently i found a random egg in my humid hide while i was cleaning it it rolled into my hand and i did not know it was there !!!! ... so my main question is which side does the egg go up right now the egg is currently on the pink side with the veins and pink dot on the bottom please help i never planned it and my male and female are seperated and were never put together !!

StopperExotics

That's really unfortunate that the egg rolled, you may end up drowning your embryo if you don't know the original side that was up. If she hasn't been exposed to a male, the egg is going to infertile. So, you probably won't have to worry too much about that. Other people may have more suggestions for you.

OneFootedAce

so my main question is which side does the egg go up right now the egg is currently on the pink side with the veins and pink dot on the bottom please help i never planned it and my male and female are seperated and were never put together !!

So your male and female were never put together, but your saying that you see veins in the egg? That doesnt make sense....are you sure that your male and female have NEVER been together?

NycGecko

i got the geckos about a month and a half ago from gerrick at crested geckos could it be a possiblity there was a mistake on his part but hes a reputable breeder. but generally which side should it be on veins upwards or downwards i have it downwards at the moment

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the egg was just laid it probably doesn't matter if it rolled. At this point the most important thing is not to change the orientation again. It most likely doesn't matter whether the pink spot is on top or on bottom (there was a thread about that not too long ago). If there is definitely a pink spot then the egg is fertile, though that's no guarantee it will hatch. If you don't have an incubator, you need to keep it in a place where it can remain at a temperature somewhere between 80-90 with no more than a 2 degree fluctuation. If this egg is really fertile, it is likely she will lay more and may produce 3 clutches or more that are fertile. There are some good caresheets about breeding that you will find if you google. Good luck.

Aliza

Visit our friends