HELP Pls! ✋

Buddof

received_1410040115854399.jpeg received_1239886899709027.jpeg received_361404241899845.jpeg
Hi this is my gfs leopard gecko age unknown young enough it seems maybe a year old, he is overall health and happy except it was noticed yesterday his foot is swollen any ideas of what this is photos attached and how to remedy this, also waiting to contact vet and photos are above, any help would be really great

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Soak the gecko in about 1/2" of warm water for a minute or so. Bundle the gecko in a towel and use your fingernails to pull off the stuck shed on the toes. You're going to have to work at it pretty hard (the soaking does soften the shed) and it's likely there will be some bleeding --not flowing blood, but a bit of seeping blood as the shed pulls away from the skin. It's possible that if you squeeze the swollen area some pus will come out. It is a good idea to call the vet in case the gecko needs antibiotics, but the shed has to be dealt with first.

Aliza

Buddof

Soak the gecko in about 1/2" of warm water for a minute or so. Bundle the gecko in a towel and use your fingernails to pull off the stuck shed on the toes. You're going to have to work at it pretty hard (the soaking does soften the shed) and it's likely there will be some bleeding --not flowing blood, but a bit of seeping blood as the shed pulls away from the skin. It's possible that if you squeeze the swollen area some pus will come out. It is a good idea to call the vet in case the gecko needs antibiotics, but the shed has to be dealt with first.

Aliza
Thank you very much for the help, removed the shed stuck to him and it was definitely hard but calling the vet in around 20 mins I will leave and update to let you know how he gets on

ZNature

Looks like the tips of his toes already lost blood flow and may fall off. The gecko will be ok but to prevent this from happening again I suggest putting a humid hide in the tank if you do not have one already. And if your gecko has any stuck shed like this make sure to get it off immediately. It’s ok, it’s very common that this happens because their little toes are so tiny and sensitive.

ZNature

I also see some shed stuck on the face and if that happens I know that it can be a bit hard to get it off if your gecko is head shy like mine was once but it helps to get reptile feeding tongs and those really helped to get the stuck shed off of one of my geckos head without getting bit.

Visit our friends