Help regarding a rescue leo

Maddieh61902

I rescued this male leopard gecko a couple months back . I have looked up all sorts of morphs and can’t seem to figure out exactly what he is , he was malnourished and had very bad MBD when I got him and they told me he wouldn’t eat . I syringe fed him everyday and worked him up to where he is now . He lost a lot of toes and I have to help him shed his toes still but he eats and drinks on his own now ! I think he’s about a year old ? Definitely not adult yet , needs more weight on him too and his tail needs to fatten up . I was also curious if maybe I could get some insight on how to make his tank more interesting to him since he’s kind of “special” he can’t climb well. My other leopard geckos tank “20 gallon with a lot of hides and plants and caves” is awesome and I wish I could do the same for this guy but I’m worried he would fall and injure himself . He’s in a 10 gallon with reptile carpet so he can walk easy and everything he needs (water dish,calcium dish I feed gutloaded crickets) and cold , warm and humid hides . Any suggestions would be awesome :) (first pictures are of him very sick, more recent ones he is bright and has no stuck shed w a full tummy) 234AA663-571E-4D68-9D39-8B62927CF9C7.jpeg 8C6E7B5F-9307-463D-BD22-0277418D0F73.jpeg 1CC30200-F075-481A-9F0F-F811405D273A.jpeg 7C5500F7-636A-443B-8274-6E5B899EE625.jpeg 6907A4A0-0D20-4F7B-966D-DDB42644BC55.jpeg

LoveReps

Looks like you might have a sunglow morph. If not it's defenitely some kind of tangerine morph. You did a beautiful job taking care of him. I'd say you can put in some low platforms he can climb safely but also hide under. Maybe you could put in a low hanging hammock or some small pieces of driftwood and add some fake foliage for him to explore in.

Maddieh61902

Looks like you might have a sunglow morph. If not it's defenitely some kind of tangerine morph. You did a beautiful job taking care of him. I'd say you can put in some low platforms he can climb safely but also hide under. Maybe you could put in a low hanging hammock or some small pieces of driftwood and add some fake foliage for him to explore in.
Thank you so much it definitely took hours a day to slowly syringe feed him and a lot of work taking off his shed ahah , sounds like some great suggestions I will try those out and get him in a 20 gallon now that he has the strength to explore !

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He looks great, given how he started out. I have a bearded dragon that wasn't supplemented as a juvenile. I got her in 2013 when she was 5. The original owners had corrected their husbandry but not before her limbs became seriously deformed. She was very active despite that although this year, at 12 1/2, she no longer moves around much.
I'd say your gecko is also an albino because I see only beige marks on the tail and no black.

Aliza

Visit our friends