Help!

Gabrial

My gecko isn't eating.I just got him three days ago on Sunday,he's mostly healthy but, he's about 6-7 grams underweight but otherwise he's healthy but he woln't eat Ihave offered him mealworms and crickets.He ate 3 mealworms when we first put them in but that's it.Is he just uncommfortable or should wait till sunday and if he doesn't eat should i call the breeder?

Thanks for looking.

Khrysty

Give him time to settle in. Cover his cage and let him get comfortable with his new home in the dark. Leave some mealworms in a dish for him and check on him once a day. Once he starts eating again (which could be tomorrow, or two weeks from tomorrow, or sometimes longer), you can start handling him. You've just gotta give him time :)

Designer Geckos

Contributor
That's always such a relief when leos have gone off food and then they start eating again! It's pretty common so don't worry.
Freshly shed superworms, (crickets in a dish without their jumping legs), or waxworms often will restart them when they've been off food for a while. Once leos get a little food in their stomach, the stomach expands, the digestive juices re-activate, and they start to get hungry again and soon begin to eat normally.
Good luck.

Visit our friends