Hi I have a question aboit tank setup.

Vir

So I have a 60 gallon fish tank given to me as a gift. I plan on getting a leopard gecko. I was wondering how should I set it up? Here is a picture. 75180

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Is it cracked? If so, either remove the dark tape and replace with clear packing tape or get a background and attach it. You would set it up the same way as any other enclosure: heat pad on one side, a bunch of hides on the warm side (since you have the room), water bowl on the cool side, humid hide wherever you want it and other decorations wherever you want them.

Aliza

Vir

Is it cracked? If so, either remove the dark tape and replace with clear packing tape or get a background and attach it. You would set it up the same way as any other enclosure: heat pad on one side, a bunch of hides on the warm side (since you have the room), water bowl on the cool side, humid hide wherever you want it and other decorations wherever you want them.

Aliza
Should I put the heat pad under the tank or inside the tank and put tiles as a substrate? Also should I get the heat pad that is for 60 gallon tanks or a smaller one? Also thanks for the reply.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Put the heat pad under the tank on the outside and the tiles inside as a substrate. Consider getting Z00-med heat cable (probably the 50' length) so you can remove it and replace it (once you pull the heat mat adhesive off, it doesn't work as well). Get Nashua tape from Home Depot or equivalent to tape the heat cable. Otherwise, get the 60 gallon size.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think it is because it's reusable and portable, but on the understanding that a heat mat is not, it also works fine.

Aliza

BuckieisGecko

Firstly, get a 20 gallon, and start small. That is cracked, the heat will leak out of your tank, and can make you leo cold.

Visit our friends