How do you get your gecko from country A to country B?

Khrysty

I'm hoping to be headed to the Czech Republic for a month this summer and I'm thinking about checking out some of the european breeders while I'm there. Except, I'm confused about how I'd get the geckos home.. Would I have to mail them? Or could they go in my luggage or as carry-ons on the flight home?

roger

if your physically bringing in the U.S yourself you would have to submit import paper ,health papers etc.... or get them shipped which cost a fortune.I wouldnt suggest bringing them on your carry on.That would be illegal.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
...Or you could always just starp them to your chest like that one guy that tries to smuggle lizards from Austrailia, or the other guy that tried to smuggle them in his underwear, lmao. But this, my friend, is frowned upon in most societies, so i do not suggest it...not to mention illegal aswell, lmao. (Thats all i need, is for someone on here to say "well, this one guy on Geckoforums said i could do it!" when they get caught, lolll)

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
You're going to have to talk to some of the breeders over there and get someone to help you with the export/health papers + find out if your airline will even allow geckos in the cargo.

Khrysty

lol :main_rolleyes: helpful, guys.

I'll talk to the breeder(s) while I'm there and see what they think--and if it's worth bringing some new blood to the US :D

Guess I'll have to let you all know in July.

Visit our friends