How much hummidity?

Heyzookeeper99

So i have an egg that has a little dimple in it, and i think my hummidity is good but im not sure so i have a hydrometer and im wondering what % hummidity i should have and should i put it in the egg container or the incubator.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have never used a hydrometer for my incubator...what medium are you using in the incubation container? We may be able to help you with your water to substrate ratios better than a specific percentage.

Heyzookeeper99

Im using hatchrite, and if you could, can you explain like how to get the ratios correct and should i add water throughtout time? I just want my eggs to hatch. lol

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have never used hatchrite but to my understanding there isnt anything you need to do besides put it in and let it go. You may need to ask someone who uses hatchrite on that one.

jrh3

If you put a cup of hot water in your incubator it will raise the humidity quickly. This might help you get the levels you need.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
If you put a cup of hot water in your incubator it will raise the humidity quickly. This might help you get the levels you need.

It will get humidity up in the incubator, but not in the incubation container..

Personally, i do not like hatch-rite. I tried incubating Ball Python eggs (i used a new bag of hatch-rite) and it just was not humid enough. If you are looking for something easy to use and will hold humidity very well use Super-Hatch. Great Stuff! I it use for incubating gecko eggs in shoeboxes.

So to raise the humidity in the container take a syringe and add a little bit of water to the hatch-rite. NOT ON THE EGG! lol This should raise the humidity in the incubation container and fix you problem.

Forgot to ask this, How many eggs are you incubating and what type of container are you using to incubate?

Visit our friends