How sad!

sunshinegeckofarm

Obsessed with Leos
seriously poor lil gecko. i hate it when people get animals they cant properly take care of or want to properly take care of. 65.00 but worth alot more well maybe in the past yes but now your lucky to be able to reverse the signs of MBD if you can do such i dont know never had that problem and hope to never do. i hope someone saves that gecko from those people and give them a good ear full on how to properly take care of a reptile and that you should research your animal before getting it or at least when you get it and they have internet or someone that does since they posted an ad. People are so pathetic sometimes with what they do to defenseless animals.

rubym

We rescued one that has MBD. He is alot better but he isnt normal. Im not sure if you can get one with a severe case and ever get it back to normal. They need to pay someone $65 to take him and hopefully save him. The world is full of idiots!!!!!!!!!

Khrysty

Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I sent her an email. I just wanted to at least point out that the gecko needed medical attention, so that she could tell a prospective buyer. Here's what I sent, and what she responded:

Me said:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Khrysty Gonzalez <[email protected]> wrote:
First of all, so you know this isn't coming from some random jerk, I wanted to let you know that I'm a leopard gecko hobbyist/breeder. I'm sorry if this comes off too strongly. I mean no disrespect. If nothing else, I just want to point out the fact that your animal needs some medical attention.

Your gecko appears to have developed MBD, that is, metabolic bone disease. This is caused by a lack of calcium, or a lack of vitamin D3 with which he may process the calcium. The disease causes bone deformities, like the bends you can see in his elbows.

While the morph (and his coloration!) are worth a lot more than $65, your particular animal might be better off going free to a good home--preferably to a person who is also a reptile veterinarian.

She responded (censored):

Gecko Owner said:

Ach...I mean...was I wrong to point this out? I thought I did it tactfully...I guess I didn't..

Last edited:

OneFootedAce

Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I sent her an email. I just wanted to at least point out that the gecko needed medical attention, so that she could tell a prospective buyer. Here's what I sent, and what she responded:

She responded (censored):

Ach...I mean...was I wrong to point this out? I thought I did it tactfully...I guess I didn't..

You handelled it great. Unfortunatly, the owner is just a selfish and stupid person, Im sorry to say...People like this really get on my nerves....

erik

Gecko Newbie
Khrysty, you did the right thing. They can brush it off by sending some foul words your way but I think your words will stick to their minds. Let's just hope that these people don't pick up responsibility for another animal ever again in the future. (although I know that these people are prone to go for the kick of a new exotic)

Samantha

I emaied this person and I was told and I was told " how about u take the geckos and put them up ur a_ _". How nice of them

Visit our friends