how to breed fat tails?how different is it from leos?

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
i just got my first pair of fat tails,and i want to obviously breed them.however,i've their are differences in breeding.so how do you breed them?thanks in advance!

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Fattails are similar to leos with a few differences. Temps are exactly the same. Incubation is a bit higher. Humidity needs to be a bit higher. Fat tails begin breeding in December, while leos start Jan-Feb. Fat tails lay fewer eggs. Some people cool them down, some do not. I personally don't.

I'd do some more research. There are plenty of excellent care resources on the web.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My experience has been similar to Ted's above, though I don't really start my fat tails till Jan. They did breed earlier than my leos. All the fat tails were born between late April and early June while the leos started coming at the end of May (I have 6 eggs left to hatch). I have found consistently that the hatch rate for AFT's is lower than for leos. I'm running about 50% for the AFT's compared to 75% or better for the leos.

Aliza

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Sometimes they can start breeding earlier as well, it really depends on the individual fatty. As soon as we notice our girls are ovulating we pair them up, assuming they are of size. Our one amel girl should lay her first clutch this season any day now.

Visit our friends