I gave my leopard gecko a bath to try to help with constipation but it did something else..

Noodle

3C0B57C1-B786-41DB-85A1-AA892D54C1C0.jpeg Hi I’m new to leopard geckos and I read a bunch of articles about how Luke warm water can help a leopard gecko with constapaion I’ve had my leopard gecko Gus Gus for about 3 weeks and he has only pooed once so I decided to bath him and I use reverse asmosis water I had no soap in the container and he was fine but now his skin is white in the places he got wet he didn’t get wet on his head or the top of his tail but the rats of his limbs and body are pale white I think the water might have made him shed or something what should I do? The white powder on the ground is the calcium that falls from his food when the move about and the reason I have a shelf liner on top of dirt is because the shop keepers lied to me and gave told me that coco husk was a good bedding for leopard geckos and he was super anoyed with the hairs from the coco husk and he was sneezing so I put shelf liners on top of it and it’s been working I’m going to switch to tile though eventually he has a heat lamp and uvb lamp and a heat mat he has a cold side a moist hide in the middle a easily accessible water bowl with ramp and a warm hide he lives in a really long and low exo terra tank with foam background I feed him Dubai roaches that are covered in calcium and herptavite vitamins and he has some large very smooth rocks that are very stable in his tank with a few fake plants please help me if their is something wrong . 8B9B1FAE-D291-47FD-9C5A-1B5B843FDF7E.jpeg

Noodle

Ok phew I was really worried. Also does shedding make them grumpy? Because he’s acting less ok with me existing.

Noodle

Also is it normal for it to look normal is some places but then white in others when shedding ?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes the lead up to shedding takes awhile so they do start to look white at one part of the body and it spreads slowly. Sometimes it's so fast that the owner doesn't even realize the gecko has shed!

Aliza

Noodle

He is out and about now and I noticed that there are 2 small bumps on his vents should I be worried could they be blockages and do I have to do something or should I let him ?

Noodle

There are tiny things sticking out of the vents they are so small I couldn’t photograph them they might have shed stuck to them and that’s why I just noticed them?

B437EC3F-08DF-49DA-9FA7-3C18E8BE095A.png

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Those are the pre-anal pores. The stuff sticking out is a bit of waxy substance that they excrete and use for marking their territory and putting out female attracting pheromones. You can leave those things alone. It's probably better to just leave them than to pull them out.

Aliza

Visit our friends