I hate bugs but I know my gecko likes them but it freaks me out, the bugs

Crazygecko

oh also another easy way to get crickets out of your cage is try this. get a dark plastic tube about 1 or 1 1/2 inch thick then cap off one end. then kind of stand the tube up in the cricket cage at an angle so they can climb inside it. Crickets love the dark and some will crawl inside it. then when it comes time to feed your lizards. just take out the tube and shake some inside your gecko cage. simple and no need to touch the crickets.

geckoqueen

cricket container

Crazygecko said:
oh also another easy way to get crickets out of your cage is try this. get a dark plastic tube about 1 or 1 1/2 inch thick then cap off one end. then kind of stand the tube up in the cricket cage at an angle so they can climb inside it. Crickets love the dark and some will crawl inside it. then when it comes time to feed your lizards. just take out the tube and shake some inside your gecko cage. simple and no need to touch the crickets.

Yea but the little plastic container you keep the crickets in how do you get the potato out? I hate sticking my hand in a full container of crickets. :D I don't mean in the gecko cage. I mean in the cricket container. I guess I could use a fork, ill try it. I'm grossed out now. LOL. As far as getting crickets out of the cage I don't have to worry about that my gecko eats them all. LOL

Last edited:

Crazygecko

lol yeah just use a long fork so you wont have to get your hand in. I also hate crickets but not cause I fear them. i just think for some reason they are dirty and every now and then when i use to handle them i would swear the bigger ones bit me. and no need for that. so I just use a black plastic tube with a clear cap on the end so i can see how many are in the tube. lol
Just use a long fork or anything else that will make it easy to take out the food item.

geckoqueen

LOL

Crazygecko said:
lol yeah just use a long fork so you wont have to get your hand in. I also hate crickets but not cause I fear them. i just think for some reason they are dirty and every now and then when i use to handle them i would swear the bigger ones bit me. and no need for that. so I just use a black plastic tube with a clear cap on the end so i can see how many are in the tube. lol
Just use a long fork or anything else that will make it easy to take out the food item.

You should see my method for dropping a potato in their container. :main_laugh:
I just drop it in and hope I don't kill my geckos food. I drop in small piece of potato, that way it does not squish as many crickets when the food drops into the container. There is no way I'm sticking my whole hand in that cricket container. :main_laugh: You should have seen me with the dead cooked crickets. I could not touch them and my boyfriend laughed at me. I kept trying but I just could not touch them gross things with my bare hands. I was beyond grossed out. Why can't my gecko eat foods that are not gross looking. LOL.

Crazygecko

Yeah I have seen canned crickets and i thought that has got to be one of the sickest things I have ever seen. Its not the fact that they are crickets. just the fact that its canned bugs. Like come on now. who the heck thought of that? My friend tried those once and his bearded dragon babies just looked at it like ummmmm...... you want me to put that in my mouth? lol

geckoqueen

I agree

Crazygecko said:
Yeah I have seen canned crickets and i thought that has got to be one of the sickest things I have ever seen. Its not the fact that they are crickets. just the fact that its canned bugs. Like come on now. who the heck thought of that? My friend tried those once and his bearded dragon babies just looked at it like ummmmm...... you want me to put that in my mouth? lol

I agree those canned crickets are nasty looking. Oh god I'm going to be sick talking about this. :D My baby gecko likes their head though but the body of the cricket is too big for her to eat, so she can't eat these yet, like the lady at the pet store said she could, no their too big for my baby gecko. I'll just stick to the live crickets for now. However I am looking into the baby worms. Those are not so gross and I'm sure my gecko would eat it as long as it moves.

geckoqueen

Thank you.

Thanks! The fork thing really helped, not only to pop the lid open, which I would struggle with, but now I just pop open the lid. I open the lid very little, slide the fork in and take out the potato, might have to shake a little bit with the bugs but they fall off. This helps a lot, thanks.

D

dand883

I feed all my geckos mealies, and if you don't like touching them, i use chopsticks, or when they don't break on me, the plastic tweezers from kids bug catching kits. I don't mind touching them, but one of my geckos bites anything that moves when she's hungry, so i got used to it.

Tommy13b

i dont really like anything squishy lol but i woke up this morning and a dady log leg was siting on my sholder so i massicured it =)

Visit our friends