I want pics of YOUR breeding racks.

david13

i third it, when my leos mate, im gunna make mine in my closet i think though (shelves in closet)

goReptiles

What do you guys make your racks out of? I'm going to make a crested gecko rack, but I'm trying to find a light weight material.

ataber

light weight material = pvc....sintra or komatex are the most common names ive found, works just like wood just lighter. if you can find a supplier locally you'll be better off b/c shipping charges suck but arent TOO bad given the material is alot lighter then wood...there are some home made racks out of this material in this forum just not sure of the exact posts..they are by ssscales? i think thats his screen name or somethin close to that.

yellermelon

Rockin the Suburbs
setup.jpg

thats 1/4 of the room :) theres some new rackage behind where i took this photo.

goReptiles

Thanks. That's what my leopard gecko racks are made of, but we can't find it at Lowes, which is why I was trying to get suggestions for something else. Maybe we can find another seller in town.

ataber

plastics distributors are your best bet...might even try sign shops as the material is used alot in that field they might be able to order some for you or at least point you in the direction of a supplier

goReptiles

ataber said:
plastics distributors are your best bet...might even try sign shops as the material is used alot in that field they might be able to order some for you or at least point you in the direction of a supplier

Very cool. Thanks. I'm going to Lowes Wednesday anyway, so I figured I'd ask them if they could order some if they don't have it this time. Otherwise I'll definitely check out a sign shop.

By the way, here are my racks. The first rack is the one that is dipping. I need to move the kritter keepers.

D

Drunvalo

here's mine. the second one from the top is empty, so i keep the supers and a can of compressed air there. these we're built more for aesthetics.

ok, i can't get it to work, so i'll post it in a little while.:main_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ARgeckos

Here is a pic of mine...about 2yrs ago. Used melamine 24x48 for sides, bottom and top for a 4x4 square. The top shelfs (could hold shoe bins for future babies) are 12inches wide and the top of rack serves as a desk top.

Last edited:

Visit our friends