ID This Spider?

leogecko88

We have been finding large numbers of these spiders in the garage and house for the past couple weeks. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what it is.

spider-Copy.jpg

The body length (minus legs) ranges from 5/16 to 1/2 inch. I typically see them clustering around the door at night. Sorry for the bad photo quality. I did the best I could with my older camera.

marauderhex

Looks like a wolf spider to me as well. As Stephen Colbert would say " godless, marauding, killing machines."

Dimidiata

Oh who them? yeah, ive seen them take just about anything they can. Spiders(seem to be a favorite), lizards, bees/wasps/hornets(also seem to be a favorite.). Cute really, but not cute enough to avoid my shoe.

These are the only bug, aside from a spider wasp, that i have ever seen screw with a Huntsman spider and live to tell the tale, and feast. Of course, there was a time when i say a Hawk wasp kill a huntsman and then have a small anole come kill the wasp, only to have a audax kill the anole and take the huntsman and leave.

FTR, i get specific with meh spiders. You say wolf, i say which one XD. You say widow, I say a black, brown, glass or aussie?

Know thy enemy.

TranceZ

Oh who them? yeah, ive seen them take just about anything they can. Spiders(seem to be a favorite), lizards, bees/wasps/hornets(also seem to be a favorite.). Cute really, but not cute enough to avoid my shoe.

These are the only bug, aside from a spider wasp, that i have ever seen screw with a Huntsman spider and live to tell the tale, and feast. Of course, there was a time when i say a Hawk wasp kill a huntsman and then have a small anole come kill the wasp, only to have a audax kill the anole and take the huntsman and leave.

FTR, i get specific with meh spiders. You say wolf, i say which one XD. You say widow, I say a black, brown, glass or aussie?

Know thy enemy.

Ever see the movie arachnophobia? lol

Visit our friends