I'm back! Anyone miss me? Remember me? 24x18x12 tank Questions

GeckoDude31

Wow, it's been too long. It's good to be back on the gecko crack. :main_laugh: I just ordered the Exo terra 24x18x12 tank. What tile sizes would be easiest and best to use? What have you used? Again, it's great to be back!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome back. I have a 24x18x12 housing one male gecko, but it could be used for 2, I think. I also have a 36x18x12 which houses 3 retired breeder females.

Aliza

GeckoDude31

Welcome back. I have a 24x18x12 housing one male gecko, but it could be used for 2, I think. I also have a 36x18x12 which houses 3 retired breeder females.

Aliza

Thanks for the reply, Aliz. Great to hear from you again. Would a medium Exo heat mat work? Also, what size tiles did you use?

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I use Zoo Med heat cables so I can change the configuration. I cobbled together a tile substrate from the pieces that I had. you can start with 12"x12" and fill from there.

Aliza

GeckoDude31

Sounds good. I may just use the cable I have already. Do you use heat tape to hold it well in place? I have had bad luck with the tape holding the cable to the terrarium in the past.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I use "Nashua tape" which is essentially adhesive backed aluminum foil. It's sold in the electrical or plumbing section at Home Depot and looks like a roll of duct tape except that it's shiny.

Aliza

Visit our friends