I'm ecstatic

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've had many struggles to feed Toby, my super snow who was born in August 2008. She has always been a picky eater and often gone on hunger strikes. She hit a personal best weight a few months ago of 44 grams and then turned out to be one of my super snows that gets respiratory infections and mouth sores. That meant 30 days of antibiotics every other day, along with the other 2 geckos in the same boat. None of the 3 has really eaten in the last month (last dose was last night). Toby has sunk to a low of 38 grams and I"ve been trying to hand feed her mealworms which she has been mostly rejecting.

Tonight she ate 3 superworms on her own! I'm hoping she'll turn the corner now.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
awesome!

what was cased the respiratory infections and mouth sores?

I have another post about it (which you responded to --it was the one about possible genetic problems with my SS male). The vet thinks that if a gecko gets a respiratory infection and its nose gets plugged up then it starts mouth breathing and that can lead to mouth sores. My male SS had only the respiratory infection. Toby, his daughter had probably RI and a lesion in her mouth and one of my fat tails coincidentally had a mouth sore, most likely without an RI. Everyone is on the mend and the sores cleared up after about 2 antibiotic doses. Now I just have to get Oskar and Copper eating again . . .

Aliza

J

Joseph_Riccilia

Congratulations on the successful feed! I hope your luck continues to get better as well as the health of those geckos :)

Visit our friends