Introducing my new bearded dragon

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I had 2 bearded dragons pass away in 2020, both due to old age. In January, I got a new beardie who unfortunately only lived for 3 weeks. After a necroscopy with the vet I found out that it had listeriosis, a fairly uncommon disease in reptiles.
Last week I drove from Boston to New York to pick up a new beardie directly from the breeder. Now that he's been with me a week and is definitely eating and active I'm ready to introduce him.

Meet Spark who is 8 months old and is exploring in my living room in this picture:

Attachments

• Spark2:21.jpg
    Spark2:21.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He's 3 now and doing great. He runs around all morning in the living room and dining room, though brumation is just around the corner. I posted a thread on the forum last week with some pictures of him hunting crickets on the floor.

Aliza

MongoRowley

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your previous beardies, but huge congrats on welcoming Spark to your home! It's heartwarming to see him exploring and thriving. Wishing you and Spark all the best! By the way, if you ever need some guidance or tips, you can use one of these guides - https://dragonfreak.com/guide. They've got tons of them.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Thanks. I've had him for 3 years now. The previous beardies, with one exception, lived at least 10 years each and essentially died of old age.

Aliza

Visit our friends