Is this tank too small?

LeopardGeckoFan

Reptile Enthusiast
Well, ok. I'm probably gonna get a leopard gecko. So at a pet store, they sell baby leopard geckos there. And I found out online that if you buy an adult sized cage if you have a baby, you can save time and money. So I was wondering if a 10 gallon tank was adult sized. Im pretty sure its not, but I dont really know. If it's not adult sized, is 15 gallons adult sized? Please reply and tell me.
Bye! :banana:

AMoriarty

Well, ok. I'm probably gonna get a leopard gecko. So at a pet store, they sell baby leopard geckos there. And I found out online that if you buy an adult sized cage if you have a baby, you can save time and money. So I was wondering if a 10 gallon tank was adult sized. Im pretty sure its not, but I dont really know. If it's not adult sized, is 15 gallons adult sized? Please reply and tell me.
Bye! :banana:

Hi there. Please check out these leopard gecko care sheets; they should answer all these really basic questions. Really the smallest aquarium that is good for one gecko is a 20 gal.

Tommy13b

Hi there. Please check out these leopard gecko care sheets; they should answer all these really basic questions. Really the smallest aquarium that is good for one gecko is a 20 gal.

Umm... no 20 gallons can fit afew geckos. Geckos are not like other animals, as long as there minimal requirements are met they are content. I keep all of mine in a 15QT rack system(except my extremely big ones they get 28qts).

Echo29

Everyone has their own opinions. Minimum is a 10 gallon tank per gecko. Right now I have one in a 20 gallon, one in a 15 gallon reptile tank and two hatch lings in a 10 gallon. It kind depends on the gecko's size. If you start small, you will end up up-grading your tank to a bigger one. If you start with a bigger tank, you will have room to add a gecko or two. You could even start with a smaller tank, turn it on it's side and figure out a way to keep the lid on and you will have a bigger footprint. One thing to remember, I noticed your age, geckos will live a while with proper care. Before you buy one realize that before it dies chances are that you will be through college, be married and have kids of your own. But you are off to a good start, you are on this website. Enjoy!

Visit our friends