It may not be posh....(pic heavy)

SleepyDee

or modern or all mod-cons but after five days of non-stop work ~ with only a couple of things left to do (tidy all the cabling once the hatchlings have gone, convert the bookcase into more vivs etc and get the mini-fridge) ~ it's all mine ....... one handy-dandy dedicated rep-room :main_thumbsup:

from the doorway looking in and starting on the right-hand side .................

1_starting_doorway.jpg

2_firstone.jpg

3_pic.jpg

4_pict.jpg

5_pic.jpg

the empty bookcase my OH bought me as a pressie to convert into two more vivs
6_pic.jpg

the alcove (below) also has an inbuilt wardrobe next to it (on the left and not seen) which is the storage for all my boxes of spare stuff, polyboxes etc
7_pic.jpg

off for a cider and a long soak for aching bod lol

M

Mr. JoBangles

Wow! I hope to have something like that soon. :D Excellent job!

mainelygeckos

omg those are fantastic book case setups! pm me to let me know what you did lol I wanna do it! Love the reptile room! got 2 more years to wait for an empty room before i can have one
:(

SleepyDee

omg those are fantastic book case setups! pm me to let me know what you did lol I wanna do it! Love the reptile room! got 2 more years to wait for an empty room before i can have one
:(
converting them is quite easy ~ they're DIY bookcases so once assembled I used a more solid backing then the one provided (backing was also drilled and fitted with vents plus holes drilled to take electric cabling), the shelves are securely fixed in and held by screws then all joins were sealed with aquarium sealant, glass runners were fitted onto a baffle board and mounted onto the shelves and secured and finally the glass was cut to size, fitted with handles and on one piece I also fitted a length of draft exculder (is great for blocking the gap between the doors ;) ) ... and that's simply just about it :main_thumbsup:

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
That is AMAZINGGGGGG! OMG! I want to do it sooo bad. I know, you just explained how to convert the bookcases into cages, but can you PM me and be just a little more specific? I have no idea how to build things.. so, this will be new for me. Thanks!

SleepyDee

quick update on the last bookcase/viv conversion ~ I finally finished making the hides/caves etc and it's now gone from this ~
6_pic.jpg

to this ~
fat_twinstack.jpg

only things is now I've found another viv conversion to do :D

P

project1

i like it! i ust to have a nice sized room like that then my wife figured out my lizard/ man cave room is bigger than the guest bed room so now im rethinken cage arrangement. but it looks good!

Visit our friends