Labels

latshki

Breeder in the making
I would like to know how some of you guys keep records of your geckos and how you label your racks
I just have my info written out on paper but I want to take it to a more professional look and more organized

janjgeckos

I use peel and stick labels on the rack shelf in front of the tub that has tub number and info of who is in the tub. I find they are easier to remove frome the rack then they are from the tubs. Also each Leo has his or hers own index card with info and rack location on it.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
We use avery clear mailing labels (1" x 2 5/8"). 2 lines: (1) Their names in large font, (2) Their birth date and parent info in smaller font.

The clear labels seem to work well on the clear tubs... they disappear enough to look organized and streamlined, yet legible enough to reference the tubs quickly. They also peel off quite nicely, leaving no residue.

We keep genetics and breeding information in an excel spreadsheet.

Hope that helps!

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I have a label maker that I use. For the tubs, I have the name, hatch date, and morph.

For records, I use an index box with cards and a notebook, but I'm hoping to use a computer program, too.

I also have a magic eraser board hanging on a rack in the gecko room. I put feeding info on that.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have a few different labeling and tracking systems I use. I have all my tubs numbered in front, and then each tub is identified with small color circle stickers. males have a blue dot, females have a yellow one, once the female has been bred and im expecting eggs she will get a pink spot, after she lays she gets a green one and I keep tally's on the sticker of good and bad eggs, and when im expecting eggs again she will get another pink spot above the green one. This allows for an easy reference when looking at the rack for who needs what and where i need to check. I also have index cards under the tubs which have weights, shed, breeding info, and comments which are updated continually. This is for my reference but also when the geckos are sold that is passed along with the gecko. I also use a tracking software which is awesome. It is still in partial development but when it is finished I will let you guys know and have a link on my site for it. So for now I am using a excel spreadsheet that I made to track everything associated with my geckos. I am a bit crazy when it comes to organization and tracking information (i know), but I never miss a beat when it comes to facts and logs about my geckos and i like it that way.

Visit our friends