Lazy Gecko?

Ruby

My gecko hasn't been coming out of his hide a lot lately...only for a few moments or to poop! I've handled him every week every two or three days and he seems docile...I dust his mealworms and crickets before feeding...I've even given him some landscape in his tank! He just seems lazy, and he's only 4 and a half! What can I do to give my little guy more energy or make his tank more exciting?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Interesting... what are his temps like? Do you think he may be a little stressed because of the changes to his enclosure? What was his behavior like before?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Or give him some new decorations, like big rocks or sticks, to climb on. Maybe that'd perk him up. Is he eating okay? Sometimes they just slow down for awhile, too.

Ruby

Yeah, I handled him last night, but I think it was just because he was digesting some large crickets :p

Geckomaster743

Yeah, I handled him last night, but I think it was just because he was digesting some large crickets :p
Thats good to hear, I have a Female named Athena and she has always been slow to eat, to be handled, and to move around. She has been getting out lately but this isn't the first time I've heard of a gecko like this :p

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
ya my Cleo is like that after she eats she spends days in her humid hide and wont come out...but then she comes out when their is food again...

Ruby

Then they really are twins...I bought mine off a person who bought him at Petsmart :p

Visit our friends