Leo hasn’t eaten or pooped in 3 days. Worried?!

Yas97

Hi I have a 3 month old gecko. First week I got him he was very quiet wouldn’t eat much. After that we began a routine where I would feed him about 7-10 meal worms every night around 9pm (uk time) he was doing amazing eating every single one, very fast very speedy and alert, I also dip them in some d3 calcium a few times a week. so I decided to add wax worms after he ate his worms so I would give him one of those after he ate his meal worms he loved it, seemed to enjoy them a lot. For the past 3 days he’s been very quiet. Seems to be digging his substrate so he lays on just his bare Vivarium. Not eating not very active and not pooping I’m quite worried I’ve checked his temp it seems to be fine

panthergecko

You should not be feeding wax worms every meal.

Wax worms should be fed at most, Two times a month I feel...

Some pics of him would be nice.

Can you share some pics of the gecko?

What supplements are you using?

What is your supplement schedule?

What is his temps?

Last edited:

Yas97

Not after every meal but I’ve given one waxworm I would say 3 times a week.
My local pet shop said this was fine after doing more research I’ve realised it’s not.

Yas97

150811DF-5373-4C62-8813-8ACEC1A381CD.jpeg these pictures were taken 2 days ago. I’m using calcium d3 and dipping the worms in them 2 times a week and feeding him. Temp on the warm side is around 30-31 degrees

Attachments

• 71768820-2FEE-47A7-971F-2E5862444C22.jpeg
    71768820-2FEE-47A7-971F-2E5862444C22.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes they are pooping but it's not where you expect it. Also, 3 days isn't very long. I've had geckos go (or rather, "not go") more than a week without pooping.

Aliza

Climbers mom

Hi I have a 3 month old gecko. First week I got him he was very quiet wouldn’t eat much. After that we began a routine where I would feed him about 7-10 meal worms every night around 9pm (uk time) he was doing amazing eating every single one, very fast very speedy and alert, I also dip them in some d3 calcium a few times a week. so I decided to add wax worms after he ate his worms so I would give him one of those after he ate his meal worms he loved it, seemed to enjoy them a lot. For the past 3 days he’s been very quiet. Seems to be digging his substrate so he lays on just his bare Vivarium. Not eating not very active and not pooping I’m quite worried I’ve checked his temp it seems to be fine
He looks healthy, nice fat tail. Mine just recently stopped eating for 3 weeks. He's eating now and back to normal. Was worried just like you. He's 9 months. Took to vet, everything checked out. They were very helpful. Would recommend if he doesn't seem to be getting back on track. Just kept trying to feed him every few days. Increased Temps to 90 hot side, cool 75. Purchased UVB lighting lamp and a separate Heat lamp. Did a lot of research. Also added undertank heating pad. Eventually he started eating & pooping again. It's scary when they stop.

Visit our friends