Leo tank Heating question

mikedf13

so I have had heating issues over the last couple of weeks. Finally, I have a spot that gets up to the hot spot proper temp (100w DHP). But it is higher than the rest of the tank and the spot is also the roof of the hide on her warm side of the tank. To the sides of the hot spot, the ceramic tile heats to roughly 85 degrees. At night, she will rest on the top and to the side of her hide. However, she is an Albino and when her uvb light comes on in the morning, she hides the day away and doesnt stay in the light. I am worried that in the day time, she is not getting enough heat. What I am inquiring is if she should have a UTH tank heater under her warm hide so that she has a warm/hot spot during the day or would the heat of the DHP radiate? My heat gun showed that under the hide it read about 75 degrees. I thank you all for your help

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're heating the floor of her tank from above, I would recommend an under tank heater because it will do a better job of heating to the proper temperature. Use a thermostat with it.

Aliza

Visit our friends