leo wont go in humid hide

tintern

ive had my leo for a few weeks now and he wont go into his humid hide. Its a good size plastic container with a hole cut in the top, some damp moss and paper towel, half on hot side. I thought he would love it but shows no interested in it. He has just lost his first skin and didnt wanna use it then. Should I change it in any way for next time. have checked his limbs and toes to make sure all skin off and he seems ok this time. Your suggestions would be appreciated. :main_huh:

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
dont worry it's not a problem :main_thumbsup: he now's whats good for him
u could try the hole in the side instead of the top
and u mean shed right?

erik

Gecko Newbie
one of mine was very hesitant to use it at first. Until she got the vibe and suddenly spent ages in there...that was after two attempts of me to put her in there. Give it some time and they'll get there :)

MellowMan24

is it bad if they are in there to lounge? although mine are usually only moist if i notice they are going pale

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Mine are in their moist hides all the time. Perhaps your leo goes in its moist hide at night when you are sleeping? I know thats when most of mine venture out.

Gregg M

Registered Member
Being in the humid hide all the time is not good for your leo... They are from somewhat arrid regions and too much humidity can cause URIs and skin problems...

What I do is keep the humid hide in the coolest part of the cage or tub... This keeps them from spending too much time in the humid hide...

Visit our friends