Leopard Gecko Egg Help?

CallyGecko

Hi, so it turns out that my leopard gecko, Calypso, does indeed have eggs. In fact, she laid one last night, around 10pm. However, she has not laid another since and is back to basking instead of digging in her lay box. Instead, she left this thing in her box, and I have no idea what it is.
IMG_E3481[1].JPG
Is this supposed to be a second egg? The thing is, when I look at her it almost seems like she has a larger egg still in her. I'm worried there's a chance she might be egg bound so I'd appreciate any advice and opinions as to what is going on. Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't know for sure. It does look like some kind of small infertile egg. I don't know if what you're seeing inside her is a fat pad (I used to have trouble distinguishing between those and the eggs), a remaining egg or the next set of developing eggs. If it looks pretty clearly like she has this on one side of the abdomen only, it's more likely it's an egg. You could give her a few more days to lay and watch her closely. If she appears to be straining or gets very lethargic, she will likely need a vet visit.

Aliza

CallyGecko

Just an update: I have been observing her for a while and she doesn't seem stressed or lethargic. She's also eating again, so I think she's not egg bound after all (thankfully!). But I'll still keep an eye on her anyway. Thanks for the reply!

Visit our friends