Leopard Gecko Morph

Capnkirk83

Can someone please help me identify the exact morph of my leopard gecko? He appears to have deep red eyes and I know bells and trempers normally have pink or grey eyes. I was told he was a tremper but I'm not 100% sure. Any help would be much appreciated
20200723_170855.jpg
20200723_172307.jpg

Attachments

• 20200723_170855.jpg
    20200723_170855.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 1

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I think it's no longer possible to really know for sure which albino type a gecko is just by looking. My first look makes me think it's a Bell, but there are plenty of dark Trempers. Who told you it was a Tremper? It's hard to see the eyes. Usually if a gecko has an eclipse gene, the eyes are solid red (in albinos) and the pupil doesn't show. I can see the pupils in the pictures, so likely not eclipse. Some of it depends on how the light strikes the eye.

Aliza

Capnkirk83

I think it's no longer possible to really know for sure which albino type a gecko is just by looking. My first look makes me think it's a Bell, but there are plenty of dark Trempers. Who told you it was a Tremper? It's hard to see the eyes. Usually if a gecko has an eclipse gene, the eyes are solid red (in albinos) and the pupil doesn't show. I can see the pupils in the pictures, so likely not eclipse. Some of it depends on how the light strikes the eye.

Aliza
Thank you for the help. I was told he was tremper by the reptile store I purchased him at. I was thinking it's a bell by the looks so I'll probably just stick with that

Visit our friends