Leopard Gecko question

mascutt

I have a new Leopard gecko. Though I did a ton of research before getting her, sometimes I run across things I can't find. Most of the research I found said Leos are nocturnal and will spend most of the day their hide. My leo, however, seems to behave differently. The vivarium is the right temp and right humidity, and she has a hide on both the warm and cool side of the tank. She seems to stay in her warm hide all night, and during the day, she stays out, and lays under the lamp. I thought leos don't bask, but she does this every day ever since shedding a few days ago. Is this just something related to the fact she had a shedding? Or do some leos actually like to be out during the day?

Thanks for any answers anyone might have :)

David :)

Khrysty

Once geckos are comfortable that they aren't going to be preyed upon, they sometimes adopt a schedule that includes being awake during the day time. Most of mine are awake and running around off and on throughout the day and night

Khrysty

Hehe, yeah.. It's nowhere near done. Gonna finish it up in late Feb when I go home for a couple weeks, but it's functional. I have a caresheet on it that took me nearly FOREVER to create, but i think it hits all the important points.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Mine don't seem to keep to any kind of activity schedule. They are out at different times, and sometimes stay in their hides for a long time. But they're in the basement where there isn't any natural light, so maybe that makes a difference.

Visit our friends