Leopard gecko Super snow breeding

Daniursem

Hiiii everyone!

I got 1.1.0 super snow and 1.1.0 mack snow from a friend. So I decided to start breeding geckos next year (I have a lot of experience with other morphs), but I was wondering since a lot of people say you shouldn't breed super snows with each other... What morph is good to breed with a super snow to keep the super snow morph and no sick animals? I would love to hear all the feedback.

Kind regards,

Danique

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
When super snows first came out, some people found them to be smaller and less likely to thrive. I don't think that's the case anymore. I see no problems with breeding super snow to snow. While I can see that you want to make sure that you're not breeding any morphs that can cause problems, which is a good thing, realize that with breeding there's no guarantee that you won't produce some animals with problems no matter how good the parents' genes and the incubator.

Aliza

Daniursem

When super snows first came out, some people found them to be smaller and less likely to thrive. I don't think that's the case anymore. I see no problems with breeding super snow to snow. While I can see that you want to make sure that you're not breeding any morphs that can cause problems, which is a good thing, realize that with breeding there's no guarantee that you won't produce some animals with problems no matter how good the parents' genes and the incubator.

Aliza
Thank you so much for replying. So if I understand it good you can breed supersnow x every snow morph? Even the supersnow x supersnow doesn't cause any problems?

Yea I want to make sure my animals are feeling 100% good I'm a breeder so I can enjoy the making of life (from egg to little lizard) and the money is just an extra

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I haven't heard of any recent supersnow/supersnow breeding problems but it would be kind of boring because you'll get all super snows.

Aliza

Visit our friends