Leopard Gecko Terrarium Size

Jolenels

3 Year Member
How big is your adult leopard geckos terrarium? When my daughter was given Dora she came in an exo terra tank. It came with one hut, water dish, fake plant and vitamin dish. Plus lights and an UTH. For a while I crammed in a wet hidy hut but Dora never used it, instead she would sit in her water dish then go and sit in the dry hut.

Now that she is bigger, not even full grown, I've noticed her tail peaks out of the hut. I want to get her a bigger hut, but then she will have pretty much no tank space to move around in. I switched her to a 10 gallon....and after spending the money for a lid and an UTH and new repticarpet, I realized it only gives her another inch or two of space!

So now I need to keep an eye out for a bargain tank since I don't want to spend another whack of money but I'm not sure what size I should get? I'm hoping for it to fit on my daughters dresser where her tank is now. Is a 20 gallon big enough? Or does she need a 30 gallon?

Thanks in advance guys!

Caleb C

I have three adults in a 20 gallon long, which is around 30x13 ground area I believe, it's more than enough space, I fit four hides in there and there's still plenty of space to walk around. 10 gallons are the bare minimum, I only use 10 gallons for babies and juveniles. Lids shouldn't be necessary, unless you have other pets. Petco is having their dollar per gallon sale for 3 more days (ends on 27), if possible, try to get a 20 gallon long, it will be ~$40 when the sale is gone, it's $20 right now.

Caleb C

you can possibly print out the promotion from the petco site and see if other big chain stores will match it. Not sure if they will do that in Canda though.

Jolenels

3 Year Member
Craigslist? I check kijiji alot...but I'm Canadian and where I live craigslist isnt big. I'm really hoping someone is willing to do a tank swap!! Even two for one haha

Visit our friends