Leopard Gecko Wound!

kspiers1127

hello! Recently my leopard gecko Thomasin scraped her arm pretty bad, but shed. So her wound has reopened. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what to use to cover it that’s safe for herps :) image.jpg

Last edited:

ZNature

Try Neosporin WITHOUT pain killer. Only put a little bit. You can also try a betadine(povidone iodine) solution. You can put the betadine in water and soak her in it or you can get a betadine cream. There is also a medication on Amazon called veterycin plus for reptiles that may work. Lastly there is Chlorohexidine solution that you must dilute with water 2 tablespoons chlorohexidine per gallon of water. These just ensure it doesn’t get infected. If it gets any worse or you don’t see any improvement I recommend going to an exotic vet.

kspiers1127

Try Neosporin WITHOUT pain killer. Only put a little bit. You can also try a betadine(povidone iodine) solution. You can put the betadine in water and soak her in it or you can get a betadine cream. There is also a medication on Amazon called veterycin plus for reptiles that may work. Lastly there is Chlorohexidine solution that you must dilute with water 2 tablespoons chlorohexidine per gallon of water. These just ensure it doesn’t get infected. If it gets any worse or you don’t see any improvement I recommend going to an exotic vet.
wow thank you so much!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I had a hatchling with a wound that was just not healing and my vet prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine Cream USP 1% which worked amazingly well

Aliza

Visit our friends