Little toes

StrawberryShortcake

Hey guys! I recently went to a reptile specific pet store , got two juvenile leopard geckos ( have not named them yet ). On closer inspection I have noticed that the white one out of the two is missing a few toes and then on closer inspection of the orange one it has some stuck shed on it's toes and quite few of them with the tips turning black I'm guessing they are rotten and will be falling off. I am currently trying to get the other shed off the toes using the bowl of warm water and a cotton swab with no luck I'm not sure what to do now if anyone could give me some advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_194845.jpg
    IMG_20201205_194845.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

helfrichj

Hello,

My leopard gecko always gets stuck shed on his toes. I rescued him, and he is not very well with being handled so I getting the stuck shed off his toes is tough. What I do is try to just simply pull them off with my hands, while I cover my leopard gecko with the bottom hem of my shirt so he does not freak out too much. Before this, I loosen up the skin with a warm water bath mixed with the zoomed shed aid. I find this makes it a lot easier to get the skin off, and sometime will come off without me having to pick it at. Hope this helps

StrawberryShortcake

I just don't want to hurt the little guys , they are so tiny , I managed to get the skin off of the toes that were left that needed it and they turned blood red , is that just from the blood returning to the toe?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes getting the shed off causes a little bleeding, but blood is better than black skin. It will heal and hopefully the next shed will be more successful.

Aliza

Visit our friends