Look forward to meeting all of you

EasiGeckos

Hey guys/gals! I've been hanging around the forums for a long time now. Recently I decided to start interacting with the herpetology community in hopes of finding/meeting new people. I've also wanted to start breeding geckos and would love a good solid network to be able to sell and trade while building up my reputation. This is just the start and I'm taking things very slow in attempts to make sure I cover all my bases.

Here is my Facebook page if you guys would like to check it out(Likes are appreciated). I look forward to getting to know all of you and building a fantastic long lasting friendship with each of you wonderful folks.

https://www.facebook.com/EasiGeckos

Thanks,
Gregory

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF. I'm in my 10th season breeding geckos and still having a blast. Best way to get the info (besides reading the forums in general) is to ask specific questions. I have written an article for Gecko Time about small scale breeding, not so much how to breed, but what to take into account when setting up a small breeding program. It's here:
Guide to Breeding Leopard Geckos on a Small Scale | Gecko Time

Aliza

EasiGeckos

Thanks Aliza, I've read a few of your articles many times ;) You have posted a plethora of useful information that I've personally found very helpful.

I've been keeping reptiles for around ten years but this next coming year will hopefully be my first breeding season. At this point I wanted to start getting my name out there and meeting people. This will always be just a hobby for me but I would love the chance to be able to share the geckos I produce with others. I know it will be a slow process but when you want things done right, its to be expected.

Gregory

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Thanks Aliza, I've read a few of your articles many times ;) You have posted a plethora of useful information that I've personally found very helpful.

I've been keeping reptiles for around ten years but this next coming year will hopefully be my first breeding season. At this point I wanted to start getting my name out there and meeting people. This will always be just a hobby for me but I would love the chance to be able to share the geckos I produce with others. I know it will be a slow process but when you want things done right, its to be expected.

Gregory

Go to reptile shows in your area and talk to the local breeders. This can be a great help. Also, a few years ago someone who wanted to get into breeding and selling asked if he could help out at my table at a show. It was beneficial to us both. I had company and he got some experience.

Aliza

EasiGeckos

It's always nice to see someone building their knowledge prior to jumping in. Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you've decided to join us.
Thanks indyana! I've really had to restrain myself when I first started acquiring geckos in the beginning. An entire world opens up after you find out there is so much more to just keeping reptiles. But I've always been very organized about things, so there will be no exception when it comes to breeding my geckos.

Go to reptile shows in your area and talk to the local breeders. This can be a great help. Also, a few years ago someone who wanted to get into breeding and selling asked if he could help out at my table at a show. It was beneficial to us both. I had company and he got some experience.

Aliza

I've been to a few over the past year or so, but a lot of the vendors/local breeders don't seem to focus on the history of there animals. More of a breed what looks cool and sell it at its face value. I'm at the point where Id like to know the lineage of the gecko I'm buying along with any possible hets or hidden genes the animal may or may not be carrying. I don't want to get into breeding and be the guy who doesn't know his animals and just breeds to breed, that's not why I'm doing this. I want to refine things, makes things better along with producing quality over quantity. I have to admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so test breeding and proving out hets is something that's definitely in my future. But I wish I had someone like you close enough...Id jump at the chance to come sit at a show and help in any way possible just to get the opportunity to be able to pick your brain and ask tons of questions :)

Welcome to GF! Love having more people that are passionate about their reptiles!
Thanks DrCarrotTail! Its a privilege to be apart of such a great and warm welcoming community. I look forward to working with and getting to know each and every one of you!

By the way, you ma'am have amazing animals along with a fantastic looking facebook page. Id love to know how you shoot your photos(equipment, lighting source, background etc). Liked!!

I'm only 3 hours away from you. Down in Springfield no. Nice to see you here. Its a great forum.

Sent from my phone glued to my hand
Thank you mcwendle! Are you a breeder or do you just keep reptiles? Do you also attend any shows in the st. Louis or

mcwendle

I'm starting to breed. I have 2 pet dogs. 4 female geckos and a lovebird. Getting a male giant albino gecko this month to breed to my albino female.

mcwendle

I've only been to the reptile show here in Springfield a few months back. But my first job was a local pet store where I grew up. Got me hooked on herps. I've always been fond of geckos.

EasiGeckos

I've only been to the reptile show here in Springfield a few months back. But my first job was a local pet store where I grew up. Got me hooked on herps. I've always been fond of geckos.

Yeah around 10 years ago I got into ball pythons and red tail boas. But I joined the military and had to get rid of them all. When I got out I got a leopard gecko and a bearded dragon but my living situation wasn't the best at the time so I had to get rid of those as well. Looking back I shouldn't have ever gotten them in the first place. But those were the stepping stones to get me to be so passionate about the hobby today. Now, a few years later, I have a house and a place to actually keep my reptiles. I have no intention on moving so my geckos should be here to stay :)

How are the shows over in Springfield. I know there is a really nice one in Tinley Park IL that I'm planning on heading too in October.

Visit our friends