meal worms = poops??

B

bigdionne

i just switched spike over to mealies.. sort of.. i've put a dish in his enclosure that he seems to eat up pretty quick.. i'm still feeding him crickets daily, the worms are the only new thing..

since he started eating the worms on tuesday, he seems to have the runs.. is this because my new food is bad or, can it be an adjustment? he's never had mealies, been fed crickets since he hatched.. he's still eating and remains as active as he's been..

any info would be great!

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
i just switched spike over to mealies.. sort of.. i've put a dish in his enclosure that he seems to eat up pretty quick.. i'm still feeding him crickets daily, the worms are the only new thing..

since he started eating the worms on tuesday, he seems to have the runs.. is this because my new food is bad or, can it be an adjustment? he's never had mealies, been fed crickets since he hatched.. he's still eating and remains as active as he's been..

any info would be great!

Dont Worry You only can feed It as Treats, :) But They are sometimes hard to disgest. Butust be sure to give 2 or 1 mealwroms depends on size.
Or maybe He just likes it! :) Mealworms- Poops? You mean Gecko have Bad poo of after eating mealworms?

JordanAng420

any info would be great!

I'm pretty sure it's just his GI system adjusting to the new food item. A few of mine did that too when I started crickets. If you have a dog, think of it as switching him/her over to a compleatly different food. The nutritional content is different, so a couple or a few days worth of diarrhea is no big deal, IMO, as long as it resolves itself rather quickly. If it lasts for more than 4 or 5 days, then it might be time to have a stool sample examined microscopically.

Visit our friends