Misting Systems

merlin

Hello All,
I'm in the process of getting everything together for an 12x12x18 enclosure. The enclosure is for a Cresty that will be Bio. What is a decent misting system? I was just going to mist twice a day with a bottle but now I'm thinking misting systems. What do you use and do you like it? Do the spray heads clog? Any info would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance for your time and replies.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are my thoughts:
--for an adult crestie, I have found consistently that a 12x12x18 really isn't big enough. Best is 18x18x18 or 18x18x24.
--I mist my cresties, gargs, leachianus and several day geckos once a day --the nocturnal geckos in the evening and the day geckos in the morning. That's worked fine (my oldest crestie is almost 17).
--even though I'm misting a total of 11 cages, I do just fine with one of those spray bottles that has a latching mechanism so you don't have to keep pushing it by hand (the one I use I got from Home Depot and it was made by HDX. It holds 56 oz, more than enough for all 11 cages). It's a lot cheaper than a misting system. I use water that's been through a Britta so the minerals don't cloud up the cage glass.

Just my two cents. Other people probably do it differently.

Aliza

merlin

Here are my thoughts:
--for an adult crestie, I have found consistently that a 12x12x18 really isn't big enough. Best is 18x18x18 or 18x18x24.
--I mist my cresties, gargs, leachianus and several day geckos once a day --the nocturnal geckos in the evening and the day geckos in the morning. That's worked fine (my oldest crestie is almost 17).
--even though I'm misting a total of 11 cages, I do just fine with one of those spray bottles that has a latching mechanism so you don't have to keep pushing it by hand (the one I use I got from Home Depot and it was made by HDX. It holds 56 oz, more than enough for all 11 cages). It's a lot cheaper than a misting system. I use water that's been through a Britta so the minerals don't cloud up the cage glass.

Just my two cents. Other people probably do it differently.

Aliza
I'm gonna start with an 18x18x18, then upgrade to a 24 high down the road. This will be my first time doing this and I don't want to screw it up! The misting systems look pretty pricey for a decent one. I know the spray bottle you are talking about, I even know where they are in Home Depot LOL. (I spend way to much time there). Maybe I'll just go that route. I could use that money for other materials that are definitely required.

Thank You so much for your reply!

Visit our friends